Sunday, February 19, 2017

Weekly Workbench 19 Feb 2017

Lots of different projects this week and as it is a long weekend (and I wanted to finish up one of the models) you get this one day later.  Remember to click on the pictures for larger images.

First up, I primed the LCM 6 from Sarissa Precision.  I need to add some weathering affects and decals.  Unfortunately, Warlord Games is out of their vehicle decals and so I need to practice some freehand numbers before I get this done.


Then I sealed Thorin's Company from Games Workshop's Escape From Goblin Town Set.  These are the miniatures I am doing the tutorial posts on Tuesdays.


Next, I finished painting Gandalf from the above set.  While the picture shows a lighter grey the miniature is much darker.  I am debating on repainting the grey to a lighter shade before basing, though as I have a second Gandalf from The Fellowship of the Ring set I might just call it good.


I then started working on the special miniature from the Goblin Town Set, Radagast.  I still have a lot to go on him, but I did get side tracked with rebuilding two computers and then on a different miniature as detailed below.


Due to the busy schedule this week I had only a little spare time.  During a brief snippet of this I started gluing together the small ruin pieces from Impudent Mortal's 28mm Entry Level Ruins I received for backing their Kickstarter.  I still have the large portions to glue together and I have not decided how to paint them as my WWII armies are from the Pacific, so maybe they will be used for an abandoned world in Beyond the Gates of Antares or as parts of the ruins of Osgiliath.


Today, I primed my Fell Warg Pack from Games Workshop and have them ready for painting.


Last, my eye caught the Reaper Miniatures' sword woman provided in my Hobby University class Advanced Beginner's Painting at Historicon 2016.  She has sat there with just her cloak painted for about seven months and I thought I should finish her as a "fun" project.  I have since learned that my perfectionism and improving skill and techniques will probably never allow me to paint "quick, fun" miniatures again.  I did use a lot of the techniques I picked up doing Thorin's Company. She was primed before any mold lines were removed by the event staff so that is unfortunate but I think she makes a fine She-Devil with a Sword, Red Sonja!  





Thanks for visiting and see you all next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Workbench 18 March 2018

I did not get to finish a war band member this weekend as I finished converting the boys triple bunk beds into a regular bunk and a loft bed...