Sunday, July 30, 2017

Weekly Workbench 30 July 2017



Here we are for another Weekly Workbench update.  Lots of time building a terrain piece this week as seen below and knocking out a couple of miniatures.  Let us jump right into it and be sure to click on the pictures for a larger view!

Historical:






This is were the bulk of my time was spent this week, knocking out 4Ground's Norse Trader's Shop for my SAGA gaming.  This was my first time constructing a complete MDF building, I have only done MDF ruins before.  There were some very delicate pieces and I may have a broken door frame that had to be repaired.  Over all I enjoyed the build and look forward to expanding my Viking village and maybe building a Saxon one as well.


Sci-Fi:

Nothing in Sci-Fi this week, though I do have my Boromites staring me in the face begging to be finished, so maybe I will get a squad completed this coming week.

Fantasy:

Here is where all the miniature painting came.  Saturday I painted up Nick Eyre's North Star Military Figures' Frost Giant for Osprey Games' Frostgrave.  He just needs to be based and then he will be ready to crush some aspiring wizard and use the body for his next meal.  Or perhaps, my SAGA vikings will be confronted with a Jotunn that has stumbled into Midgard...  I will have a detailed painting tutorial for him after I finish the Escape from Goblin Town tutorials I am currently posting each Wednesday.


Speaking of Games Workshop's The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game, I re-primed two Fell Wargs with Army Painter's Uniform Grey and painted them up as Winter Wargs so I can share them between SBG and Frostgrave.

Last week's debacle of an attempt at Winter Wargs

This week's much better attempt at Winter Wargs

Here is a quick painting guide for those that are interested, all paints are The Army Painter brand:

Fur - Uniform Grey primer - (HL1) Stone Golem - (HL2) Brain-matter Beige 
Mouth - Abomination Gore
Teeth - Drake Tooth
Nose & Lips - Necromancer Cloak
Scar - Crusted Sore
Claws - Hardened Carapace
Eyes - Royal Cloak & Matt Black



Now just to base them as well.

I managed to get to Hobby Lobby and pick up some craft paints so I will probably work on dry brushing a bunch of walls this week for terrain for both games.  See you all next week and be sure to stop by Wednesday night for Gloin's painting tutorial! 

1 comment:

  1. Titanium stud earrings with top of your neck in a pocket
    TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL titanium pipe TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL titanium tubing TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL TIPTICIAL TIPTIALTICIAL TIPTICIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIALTIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIALTIPTIAL titanium sia TIPTIAL TIPTIAL kadangpintar TIPTIALTIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIAL TIPTIALTIPTIAL TIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIAL TIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALTIPTIALT titanium eyeglass frames

    ReplyDelete

Weekly Workbench 18 March 2018

I did not get to finish a war band member this weekend as I finished converting the boys triple bunk beds into a regular bunk and a loft bed...