Monday, September 4, 2017

Weekly Workbench 3 September 2017



Historical:


My Scots Thanes for SAGA finally got their shields (title photo) and bases finished.  I was able to give them an overcoat today with the drop in humidity so they will be ready to go for some action soon!  Final pictures next week.


I also primed and started painting the Scots warriors and hope with leave this week I will have them knocked out before the next update.

Sci-Fi:


The Boromite Gang Fighters for Beyond the Gates of Antares have been painted and washed.  Some came out very dark and you can see the differences in versions I have done.  I will need to do some serious highlighting with red to get some of these Boromites out of the purple skin tone they currently have.

Fantasy:

As seen in the cover picture, I over-coated Shep's Chronomancers, Ivy's Elementalists, and Mugzy's Sigilists, which I painted this week for Frostgrave.  Tone of detail work on the Sigilist wizard and I still need to add a gloss varnish to some of the gold and they will be done.  I also put together two zombies from parts out of the Cultist box sprues.


I also started building another wizard, apprentice, and captain for the #Triplespruechallenge with the remaining pieces from the three sprues.  This time I have an Illusionist who needs at least one more pouch and a cape made from green stuff, the apprentice who has Monstrous Form cast on him, and the captain with some crushed cultist skulls.  I also clipped the built in bases for these guys as it has been a pain basing the others.


During some spare time while waiting for paint to dry, I started painting my Dwarf Runic Golem.  Long way to go on this guy!  Definitely a miniature to have an airbrush as painting this by hand is going to take some time, especially with trying to avoid brush marks.

Terrain:



I cleaned, built, and primed the Goblin Town platforms from The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game starter set and should have them painted by the end of the week.  They will make a great addition to the Frostgrave table as well as The Hobbit.











I also primed the foam tower ruin and should get that painted up and finished this week as well.


While not terrain, I tried using a wet pallet again, going through a couple of variations. So far this one, with the sandwich box, paper towels, and parchment paper seems to be working the best.  Other versions with a sponge would have the parchment paper drying out as I painted no matter how much water was in the container and it would curl up as I paint.  So far with the paper towel that has not been the case.

Stop by next week, should be a lot more progress with me on leave, though Saturday I have a Spartan Race, as long as Irma decides to leave us alone.  Make sure to check out the Painting Guide on Tuesday for Gandalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Workbench 18 March 2018

I did not get to finish a war band member this weekend as I finished converting the boys triple bunk beds into a regular bunk and a loft bed...